I am thrilled to announce the upcoming August 20th release of Your Ultimate Security Guide: iOS! The second book in the series, Your Ultimate Security Guide: iOS is intended to help the layman with both basic digital security and in the development of a comprehensive digital security perimeter. Written in plain English, Your Ultimate Security Guide: iOS takes a step-by-step approach to enhancing mobile device security, and will help you reclaim some privacy in both the physical and digital realms.
- Harden the iOS operating system by manipulating nearly every setting that impacts security and/or privacy
- Use password managers to create and use strong usernames, passwords, and to employ two-factor authentication
- Use apps that provide end-to-end encryption for your text, voice, email, and chat communications, and take steps to mitigate location tracking and other metadata collection
- Use “disposable” phone numbers to protect your real number from data marketers, telemarketers, and lower your online profile
- Lock down your Wi-Fi network and protect your internet traffic using virtual private networks
- Replace a variety of insecure native apps with security- and privacy-focused alternatives
- Protect your sensitive online accounts through a comprehensive, systematic approach
- Employ best practices to lower online exposure and minimize your attack surface
Look for Your Ultimate Security Guide: iOS on Amazon on August 20th.