Complete Privacy & Security Podcast E057: Financial Privacy & Security with Joshua Sheats
This week Jesse and I sit down with Joshua Sheats of the Radical Personal Finance Podcast. We discuss financial privacy & security issues and why financial stability is imperative to maintaining your personal privacy.
Joshua Sheats of Radical Personal Finance joins us to discuss:
– Why being financially stable (and ideally independent) is an important component of personal privacy
– Joshua’s Stages of Financial Independence, and what each of them means:
Stage 0: Financial Dependence
Stage 1: Financial Solvency
Stage 2: Financial Stability
Stage 3: Debt Freedom
Stage 4: Financial Security
Stage 5: Financial Independence
Stage 6: Financial Freedom
Stage 7: Financial Abundance
– How to
pick make an accountant or financial planner who respects your financial privacy & security – Episode 459 of Radical Personal Finance: Don’t Trust Your Financial Advisor!
– How trusts and LLCs can impact your finances and privacy
– How much cash you should have on hand and where you should store your emergency fund – Episode 481 of Radical Personal Finance: Where Should I Keep My Emergency Fund?
– Which precious metals you can sell in any amount without reporting the sale to the IRS
– Joshua’s thoughts on investing in precious metals, Bitcoin, and other alternative assets
– What you need to do right now to begin achieving financial independence
Be sure to check out Radical Personal Finance – it’s one of my favorite podcasts!
No Offense/Defense this week.
1. How secure and/or private is Paypal.com? Do you recommend using Paypal?
2. If my bank doesn’t offer two factor authentication, what else can I do to protect my account?